Adding and Editing Text
- To add a text box to the page, click on the T to open the text panel and either click on or drag the text style onto your ad design space.
- If you haven’t already, select the text box. There are two options to edit the text box:
a. Double-click on the text box and all existing content will be highlighted. You can begin typing or click within the text box to add to the message.
If the text box is not the top most layer, double-clicking may not work, but you can adjust the layering of any objects (excluding the background) using the layering buttons found in the properties menu under the Arrangement Category.
b. Click the Edit button in the contextual menu – this works well when you are designing from a mobile device that doesn’t have a mouse.
- Important detail: if the selection box is red, as shown in the image below, it means the amount of copy has exceeded the room available in that specific text box. To fix this issue, you will need to either make your text box larger or adjust the font size and/or style until the selection box turns blue.
Adding the Extras: Accents, Backgrounds, Shapes, and Photo boxes
- To add an accent, background, shape or photo box open the Art panel and then click on the corresponding album.
Accents are organized into sub-albums, so you will need to click into one more level to see what’s available.
- Drag and drop the object onto the ad design area.
- If the object placed is a Shape, you can open the Effects panel and adjust the color of the fill and border to create the perfect element for your ad design.
a. You can turn on the border and adjust the color or thickness within the Effects panel.
b. Any Accent or Background that has this symbol in the top right corner of the thumbnail is a piece of Colorable Art. Just select the object and open the Effects panel, click the colorize color swatch to choose ANY color from the Pictavo Community color picker for the selected element.
- You can adjust the layering of any objects (excluding the background) using the layering buttons found in the properties menu under the Arrangement Category.
• Bring to Front - moves the selected object to the top layer
• Send to Back - moves the selected object to the bottom layer, while still on top of the background
• Bring Forward - moves the selected object forward one layer
• Send Backward - moves the selected object back one layer
Take your time, play around and let your creative juices flow. If you’re in need of a bit of assistance, just call Pictavo Support at 800-290-0036 or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.